Coronado Art Association's Art in the Park is a juried show. Exhibitors must be residents of San Diego County, and create and exhibit their own work only.
We jury once a year, usually in the fall. To be notified of the date and details, please send the following, preferably in no larger than a standard business size envelope:
- A stamped self-addressed envelope
- A letter describing your work (i.e. landscape acrylic, floral in watercolor, hand blown glass, etc)
- One (1) photo of your show set-up (If you do not have one, write what you intend to use)
- Your contact information, including email address. (No items will be returned.)
Coronado Art Association
P.O. Box 180232
Coronado, CA 92178
You will not hear from us until the jury date is set. We try to give you 4-5 weeks notice.
When the date is set, you will receive a letter telling the date of the jury on a Saturday morning in Speckels Park. You will need a minimum of 5 recent pieces in each medium you wish to jury (max 3 media). If you have not seen our show, please come by on a first or third Sunday and stroll through. You will notice that we do not allow “overheads” other than beach or market-type umbrellas.
Guidelines by which work will be accepted or rejected include:
- Work must be created and produced by the exhibitor only.
- Work must not violate U.S. or International Copyright laws.
- Work must be of good quality.
- Work cannot be obscene or otherwise in bad taste.
- No nudes (painting or sculpture).
- No clothing, crocheted, knitted or sewn items, nor kit work.
- Jewelry or craft work mainly of purchased components, such as arrangements, will not be juried.
All exhibitors are required to submit a copy of their California State Board of Equalization Sellers Permit.