Coronado Art Association's Art in the Park is a juried show. Exhibitors must be residents of San Diego County, and create and exhibit only their own work.
We jury once a year, usually in the fall. To be notified of the date and details, please send the following, preferably in no larger than a standard business size envelope:
- A stamped self-addressed envelope
- A letter describing your work (i.e. landscape acrylic, floral in watercolor, hand blown glass, etc)
- One (1) photo of your show set-up (If you do not have one, write what you intend to use)
- Your contact information, including email address. (No items will be returned.)
CAA Jury Chair
P.O. Box 230922
Encinitas, CA 92023-0922
You will not hear from us until the jury date is set. We try to give you 4-5 weeks notice.
When the date is set, you will receive a letter telling the date of the jury on a Saturday morning in Speckels Park. You will need a minimum of 5 recent pieces in each medium you wish to jury (max 3 media). If you have not seen our show, please come by on a first or third Sunday and stroll through. You will notice that we do not allow “overheads” other than beach or market-type umbrellas.
Guidelines by which work will be accepted or rejected include:
- Visual art only, work must be created and produced by the exhibitor only.
- Work must not violate U.S. or International Copyright laws.
- Work must be of good quality.
- Work cannot be obscene or otherwise in bad taste.
- No nudes (painting or sculpture).
- No clothing, crocheted, consumables, knitted or sewn items, nor kit work.
- Jewelry or craft work mainly of purchased components, such as arrangements, will not be juried.
- All flat art must be framed or canvas wrapped; 3-dimensional must be exhibit ready.
- You will have 8 feet of exhibit space at the jury for all pieces.
- For email questions, contact Mary at email@example.com
All accepted exhibitors are required to submit a copy of their California State Board of Equalization Sellers Permit.